Let's add some additional work to the project... no one ever said! 'Cept now...
Enter... stage right... the profile of the P-47. Aka... the "Let's add some additional work to the project" profile.
But then I'm thinking...
you can see from the above snapshot of the CAD I did... I
spent a little bit of time on it. If you go to a previous page that I started (then gave it its own page) you can see the stupid size scoop I played around with.
So... whatever the end result... it's gonna look pretty badass.
Over the past few days I've ploting out the shape of the "Reality" scoop on, first display board, and then transfering that over to a sheet of plywood (with an in between stab at transfering it onto a sheet of light weight something that I bought at Home Depot... which turned out to be garbage).
With anything on the biplane project... things don't just appear in bags (like a kit plane) and you just bolt them on... There are a number of steps from between design and reality. Here's a picturer totorial showing about six hours of work.
The belly scoop is just a hint towards the shape of the P-47. It's stream-lining that air intake instead of an abrupt end into the cowling like a lot of biplanes have.
Last night... already to align the wood former pattern up to belly of the biplane and thought... DAMN! this former needs to be at the front of the cowling, another 45inches or so in front of the firewall which is where I am with the firewall forward right now. I'ma gonna have to put this in a safe spot and pull it back out when I get to that point. DAMN!